5.4.15

SPRING BREAK



NastyGal store launch in Santa Monica

Over the weekend I visited NastyGal's store launch in Santa Monica. You can probably tell by now that I'm obsessed with the brand because I've mentioned it quite a few times in previous blogs. But can you blame me? Sophie Amorouso is a talented woman who has a keen eye for fashion and on top of that, interior design. Her store's layout, much like her first shop on Melrose Avenue, is gorgeous and the fitting rooms were so cool but a bit daunting because the glass door, from the inside, is transparent so you can see people walk by. Thankfully, they can't see inside your room. Weird. Not quite sure how I feel about it but I like that she breaks away from conventions of other retail stores. 


The Hollywood Hike

I didn't think I'd have to say this again but, yes, I hiked the Hollywood sign for the second time! My gorgeous friend Josie came to visit me from England and she constantly begged me about seeing the sign for herself. Of course I'm not that much of a terrible friend to let her go alone so I went along. When I tell you though this girl tried to kill me!! After my first hike up the hill, we decided to take a different route to jazz it up a bit for myself and to cut the route in half. The shortcut we found was probably the quickest path we could have found which was amazing but it scared the s*** out of me! The hills were super steep that I was practically crawling up and down the rocks, fearing for my life. And on top of that, a woman who passed us warned us of her seeing a rattle snake. I can't even tell you the thoughts that raised through my mind. I could have killed Josie but we were focused on reaching the end. Which we did, in one piece!! The sights from the top of the Hollywood sign is amazing and I'd definitely recommended anyone visiting Los Angeles to experience it for themselves. Although, maybe take the longer route.


Soulection Event

Last night was insane!! A big group of us girls headed over to the Regent Theater for Soulection's event, Sound of Tomorrow. It was so worth the ridiculous amount of money I spent, as you usually drunkenly do on nights out. This was my first time seeing some of the Soulection DJ's perform but I'd seen videos of how crazy their crowd can be and it didn't disappoint. The energy in the room was contagious and I was dancing away throughout the night and got to watch my first dance battle in an LA club, it was hilarious! Jay Prince performed too who was really good and sweating so much bless him because he put on an energetic performance. For those who are probably thinking, 'who the hell are Soulection,' it's a record label collecting musical artists/Dj's/producers who vary in their musical genre but basically all celebrate good music from across the globe. Honestly, you need to check them out if you haven't already. 


Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, the highlight of my night was of course getting a cheeky selfie with Esta. I fan girled so hard! The shame.

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...