19.5.15

Melrose Trading Post


It's been two weeks since I last posted something worth reading and many apologies for that. I've been finishing up on my studies out here in California and I'm pleased to shout to the rooftops that I'm finished! Although I'm thrilled to be over with uni work for the next couple of months, I'm sad that it means I'm 3 weeks closer to leaving for England. But, have no fear, in my final weeks in California and New York (yes, you read right, New York, eeek) I plan to explore as much as I can and cram it all into my blog. So watch this space.

Moving on, this Sunday I finally visited Melrose Trading Post, which for those who don't know, it's Los Angeles' most renowned flea market. Literally, this place sells a bit of everything. From selections of typewriters, vintage clothes, cool jewellery, and arts and furniture, you name it, they'll have it. And, they'll throw in an abundance of vendors with so much charisma and personality which is enough in itself to persuade you to go! A sweet lady at the Desert Moo stand, where I bought my necklace from, even told me that Jaden Smith had been seen walking around when I was there. Can you believe it? Unfortunately, knowing my luck, I didn't see him, though I'm sort of glad I didn't as it saved me embarrassing myself from being a total fangirl. And only a few weeks ago, she saw Victoria Beckham there being followed around by 3 macho bodyguards.

Needless to say, the Melrose Trading Post is the place to be every Sunday. See below all of my photographs of my day for more details. Sorry, there aren't a lot of images, I was too busy shopping as you can imagine. I need to set an alarm in my phone or something to remind myself to snap away at all of the amazing things I'm lucky enough to experience in my travels. I promise, I'll be thinking of you all in my next venture.

I snapped up a pair of Levis distressed shorts and jeans for $12 each!!
This beautiful crux necklace is from Desert Moon
My favourite purchase of the day. A $10 tribal print rucksack. Success!

Admission fee: $3 and all proceeds go to Fairfax High School which is super sweet

Melrose Trading Post at Fairfax High:
7850 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles CA 90046
Sunday 9am-5pm

P.S. Have you guys ever been to a flea market? If so, where has your favourite one been? I'd love to know and maybe get the chance to visit myself. Till next time, be safe!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun place to walk around :) Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natali, yea you should definitely check it out! Have you been to any flea markets you'd recommend? x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...